Mediterranea - Festival of Underwater and Adventure Images 2012
From March 29 to April the 1st 2012, the "Espace du Fort Carré" in Antibes will host the third edition of the Festival of Underwater and Adventure Images - Mediterranea.
Organized by the Antibes Office of Tourism and Equipe Cousteau, Mediterranea is a true window on the “silent world” and a major hub for exploration.
This event, firmly oriented toward sustainable development and the preservation of the Mediterranean sea, has deep roots in the city that welcomed the pioneers of diving, notably Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau and his famous ship Calypso, transformed in an exploration vessel in the 1950s in a naval shipyard in Antibes.
Fans and the curious will be able to come find resources as they explore the many film screenings with spectacular and surprising images, photo exhibits and assorted activity booths. They will also be able to ponder and to take action thanks to a selection of films with a message, testimony to the environmental realities of our planet.
Festival activities :
- Thursday 29 March : Scientific symposium "Boating and environment - Management and uses during summer" in the multimedia library Albert Camus in Antibes.
- From March 30 to April 1st :
- Film screenings and film competition :a selection of films with a message, testimony to the environmental realities of our planet.
- Exhibits : 3 photo exhibits (Diving : from the lgend to the history / From Dumont d’Urville to Cap Washington of Didier Noirot as well as exhibit of pictures in competition) and 2 painting exhibits (Traditional boats of the world / Fauna extinctions).
- Saturday March 31 : 120 first dives will be offered to children and young from 8 years old.
Find all the festival activities on: